I loved ice-cream as a child. Growing up in a little town we had only three flavour varieties – vanilla-cream, strawberry and chocolate ice-cream. Receiving one was a reward, a special treat!
Nowadays, I can’t help but admire the flavour options and the multiple ice-cream varieties available at every store.
The latest hit among the youngsters, however is not ice-cream but popsicles! A low-calorie vegan lactose free version of summer joy.
My daughter made these in just about a few minutes. These summer-inspired Mango & Blackberry Popsicles are super refreshing, sugar free and delicious! For sweetness we are relying heavily on a fresh ripe mango and berries. If not enough, you may always add a little honey.
Unlike store-bought popsicles, these have no artificial sweeteners or flavours. The recipe is made with all organic fresh produce, only takes 4 ingredients and only has about 75 calories per popsicle. Easy!
- 1 1/2 cup ripe fresh mango
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup soya yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
1. In a food processor, blend up the mango until creamy and smooth. Reserve aside.
2. Then, with a clean food processor, blend up the blackberries until smooth.
3. If these aren’t sweet enough make sure to add 1 tbsp honey.
4. Using a 6-pack ice cream mold divide the blackberry blend into each of the molds, then divide the mango puree into them as well, layering as you go, don’t stir. Lastly add in the soya yogurt to finish off the layers.
5. Insert the sticks and place in the freezer overnight to harden.