Banana bread and brownie, is it really possible to mix the two? Taking a bite from this delicious chocolate banana bread I am enjoying the amazing taste of the too. I have made banana bread before but this recipe is a completely new invention. Yes, it has three eggs, but it also covers all requirements for a low-calorie, better-for-you creation. The batter is made from eggs, olive oil, coconut sugar, mashed bananas, almond flour, banana flour and cacao powder. But the real magic of the bread comes from adding Mocha extract and generously drizzling vegan chocolate on top. The texture is spongy and moist, and the taste – a wonderful sensation.
I love it when I can categorize things both breakfast and dessert. Chocolate, thick, moist, decadent dessert? Yes! Still a hearty bread that you can get away with having alongside your morning coffee? Yes! I’m sitting here now, forking deliciously chocolate bites into my mouth and it is an utter perfection!
- 2 bananas + 1 for topping
- 3 eggs
- 1 coffee cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp blanched almond flour
- 3 tbsp banana flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Mocha extract
- 1 tbsp vegan chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
3. Then, whisk in the eggs, olive oil, and coconut sugar.
4. Add the almond flour, banana flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and the Mocha extract to the wet ingredients and whisk until it’s combined.
5. Line a bread pan with parchment paper, folding and tucking the parchment paper around the edges.
6. Pour the batter into the lined bread pan.
7. Slice the banana and lay the slices on top.
8. Bake for 40 minutes and allow to cool before slicing.
9. Before serving drizzle the top with melted vegan chocolate.