The ultimate oven-baked chicken nuggets, served with sweet-sour sauce and mayo. Perfect for serving to a company of friends. Football game and beer, anyone? Well, I am sure you can choose any occasion to be happy and have some fun. And these little gorgeous chicken nuggets could be your friend.
I am usually shying away from similar type of foods. Yes, they are fun, but healthy? Luckily this is a recipe for an oven-baked chicken nuggets – not compromising on taste but making all the difference in terms of health (ok, lets just say healthier) requirements. Call your family or friends and simply enjoy!
For the chicken nuggets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, garlic powder and parsley mixture
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Sweet-sour sauce
- Lettuce salad
1. Preheat the oven to 225C. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and pickle juice. Add the chicken cubes and toss to coat. Combine the Panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, garlic and parsley mixture, and a pinch of pepper to a bowl.
3. Dredge the chicken cubes through the crumbs, pressing to adhere. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes, turn the chicken nuggets around and bake for 10-15 minute more or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
4. Serve with sweet-sour sauce, mayonnaise and green lettuce salad.