Pizza is all about the crispness of the dough, the sweetness of the tomato sauce and the heavenly combination of vegetables, meat and cheese on top. Could it be ever different? Opting for a healthy lifestyle I am making today the most delicious pizza ever, but with half the calories! A golden crunchy light-as-heaven puff pastry makes the pizza base. I am not using any sauce as it will make the pastry soggy. But instead, I am topping the pizza with roasted red and yellow bell pepper, green asparagus, delicious chorizo salami, goat cheese and green salad leaves. Done in 30 minutes, gorgeous, full of flavour yet amazingly light, this is the best pizza ever!
- 230g puff pastry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g chorizo
- 50g goat cheese
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 50g green asparagus
- Black pepper
- Handful of green salad leaves
1. Heat the oven to 200C. Cover a baking tray with baking paper. Roll out the puff pastry on top and bend the edges towards the center. Press the border a with a fork and pierce the pastry so it will not lift up while baking. Place the tray in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, wash and chop the bell peppers into chunks. Wash and trim the ends of the green asparagus. Cut them into pieces. Heat a table spoon of olive oil in a large skillet pan. Add the vegetables, season with salt and ground black pepper and toss for 10-15 minutes until they soften.
3. Once the puff pastry is ready, cover the top with the roasted vegetables, add chorizo slices and return for 10 more minutes in the oven.
4. Before serving, cover the pizza top with goat cheese and fresh salad leaves.