I love simple, summer time foods and salads. The more easier to make the better. No fuss, no hours of preparation. Just quick and easy mix, kiss in the pan and ready to serve dishes. These Donna Hay ricotta and parmesan fritters served with basil pesto and fresh rocket salad is just the thing. Easy on the eyes and even easier on the belly. Every bite is full of fresh sensations. A glass of white wine and my Sunday lunch in the garden is a pure delight.
- 2 cups (480g) firm fresh ricotta
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (130g) fresh or store bought basil pesto
- rocket salad, basil leaves and micro greens
1. Place the ricotta, eggs, lemon rind, parmesan, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook tablespoons of the mixture, in 3 batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden.
3. Serve with rocket salad, fresh basil leaves and micro greens. Gently toss pesto over the ricotta fritters and sprinkle with extra parmesan.