“I have bought vegetables for you.” Says my dearest one and I imagine making a salad. I look into the kitchen and to my surprise all that I see is one leek and a few carrots. What can you cook with leeks, a tomato can, carrots and a potato? A carrot soup, of cause!
- 1 Leek
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Big potato
- 1 Can of tomatoes (250g)
- Ground pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
- Knob of butter
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 500ml water
- Thyme leaves
1. Cut the leek into small circles. Melt the butter in a pot at a medium heat and add the leeks. Let them sweat for at least 5 minutes.
2. Cut the potato and the carrots into small pieces and add them together with the can of tomatoes and the water into the pot. Mix well and leave to simmer for at least half an hour.
3. Once all the vegetables have softened, blend them together forming a smooth, thick liquid.
4. Season the soup with a vegetable stock cube, salt, pepper and sugar.
5. Garnish with sprinkles of cream and fresh thyme leaves.