A silky and smooth vanilla & coconut pana cotta topped with a sweet and tangy strawberry compote. This dessert looks stunning and is perfect for any dinner party.
- 400ml Coconut milk
- 130 g Caster sugar
- 8 g Vanilla sugar
- 3.5 g Agar agar
- 500 ml Coconut yogurt
- 150 g Strawberries
- 15 g Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- handful of blueberries
- handful of strawberries
- mint leaves
1. To make the pana cotta, melt together the full fat coconut milk, caster sugar, vanilla and agar agar in a saucepan.
2. Simmer the liquid on a medium heat for 5 minutes to reduce slightly. Then remove from the heat to cool slightly.
3. In a bowl place the coconut yogurt. Pour the pana cotta mixture through a sieve and whisk into the coconut yogurt.
4. Pour the mixture into tin forms and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours to set.
5. Cut the strawberries in half and add them in a pan with the sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Cook for a couple of minutes until the strawberries breakdown, then remove from the heat.
6. To serve, dip the tin in hot water, before drying the tin and turning out onto a plate. Pour the strawberry compote on top of the pana cotta before serving with blueberries and strawberry slices.
The recipe calls for coconut milk but it does not include it in the ingredient list. How much is required? Thanks
Hi Juley. 400ml coconut milk. Thanks for the comment!