A silky and smooth vanilla & coconut pana cotta topped with a sweet and tangy strawberry compote. This dessert looks stunning and is perfect for any dinner party.
- 400ml Coconut milk
- 130 g Caster sugar
- 8 g Vanilla sugar
- 3.5 g Agar agar
- 500 ml Coconut yogurt
- 150 g Strawberries
- 15 g Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- handful of blueberries
- handful of strawberries
- mint leaves
1. To make the pana cotta, melt together the full fat coconut milk, caster sugar, vanilla and agar agar in a saucepan.
2. Simmer the liquid on a medium heat for 5 minutes to reduce slightly. Then remove from the heat to cool slightly.
3. In a bowl place the coconut yogurt. Pour the pana cotta mixture through a sieve and whisk into the coconut yogurt.
4. Pour the mixture into tin forms and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours to set.
5. Cut the strawberries in half and add them in a pan with the sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Cook for a couple of minutes until the strawberries breakdown, then remove from the heat.
6. To serve, dip the tin in hot water, before drying the tin and turning out onto a plate. Pour the strawberry compote on top of the pana cotta before serving with blueberries and strawberry slices.