For a week already we are so excited to welcome spring within our garden, watching every day tiny blossom come to life. The birds are singing brighter. The green grass is freshly greener. White, purple and yellow flowers make us smile. Something touches the soul with a new sense of hope and before we know it we bravely step into a new season.
In between the cold and the warm our favourite home-cooked dishes start to change as well. Gone and are the warm meat and veggies casseroles, making way to spring salads. This cold pasta penne salad is simple taste transition into the new. Combining pickled cucumbers, marinated bell peppers, canned green peas and boiled carrots with pasta, mayo and spring onions makes a filling but still freshly exiting mix. Easy to pack as a quick lunch or easy Sunday dinner, nothing makes the soul happier then opening itself for a new life, whether by watching the coming spring or by tasting fresh new dishes.
- 250g Pasta Pene
- 4 pickled cucumbers
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 marinated bell peppers (yellow & red)
- 250g canned green peas
- 4 boiled carrots
- 2 spring green onions
1. Boil the pasta in plenty of water. Once cooked, drain the water and let the pasta cool completely.
2. Chop the carrots. Boil the carrots, drain the water and let them cool completely.
3. Chop the pickled cucumber on small pieces.
4. Chop the marinated bell peppers in small pieces.
5. Chop the spring onion.
6. In a deep salad bawl mix together the cold pasta, chopped carrots, chopped bell peppers, chopped pickled cucumbers, canned green peas and mayonnaise.
7. When serving sprinkle fresh green onion on top of the pasta.