Late autumn raspberries and blueberries have a special taste. Softer and sweeter, they make an amazing addition to autumn salads and I really do like to use them in abundance. In this occasion, the raspberries are transformed in a delicious raspberry vinaigrette that does wonders to a brie and ham walnut salad. There is something utterly irresistible about the salty caramelization of the dry Italian prosciutto ham and melting soft brie perfection that really cries out for the sweetness of the berries and the richness of the walnuts. A perfect autumn salad still tasting of sunshine in every bite.
For the Salad:
- 10 slices of prosciutto ham
- 250g brie
- Mix salad leaves
- Baby spinach leaves
- Handful of walnuts
- Handful of strawberries
- Handful of blueberries
For the Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, washed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt (optional)
For the Salad:
1. Wash and dry in a kitchen tea towel the mixed salad and baby spinach leaves . Arrange in a salad dish ready for serving.
2. Wash and cut in quarters the strawberries and scatter over the salad leaves..
3. Wash and dry the blueberries and add a handful to each salad.
4. Lay out the prosciutto hum into 10 lines. Cut the brie into thin slices and roll each one into a slice of prosciutto ham. Place the ham and brie rolls in a pan and bake slightly on high heat just to get some caramelisation on the ham and let the brie soften.
5. Arrange the ham and brie rolls over the salad leaves.
6. Add a handful of walnuts and drizzle generously with the pre-made raspberry vinaigrette.
For the Vinaigrette:
1. Add the raspberries, olive oil, honey and vinegar to a blender and blend on high speed until very smooth.
2. Taste and add a pinch of salt if necessary (this will depend on the flavour of the raspberries).
3. Chill in a mason jar or airtight container for about one hour before serving.