Before the clock strikes twelve… anything could happen. Music, dance and cheers. Family meals or party with friends. Time for retrospect and being alone or time to launch yourself into the New Year with fierce determination and absolutely no regrets. Whatever the mood and however the entry, every New Year’s Eve deserves sparkling start.
We like to start the party, decorating the table with all kinds of canapés and small bites. These puff pastry muffin tin baked gorgeous creations are so extremely easy to make. A disk cookie cutter, muffin tin, ready made puff pastry, red pesto, and store bought salami. The rest is just a kitchen play until the tins are filled and set to bake. What a better way to start the party than a glass of champaign and a flaky mouth watering bite?
- 1 puff pastry roll
- 50g dried red tomato pesto (Bertolli Pesto Rosso)
- 12 thinly sliced salami disks
1. Roll out the puff pastry.
2. Using a round disk cookie cutter, cut the pastry into disks.
3. Grease the muffin tins. To make the canapés spread one tea spoon of red pesto over a puff pastry disk and top with a salami. Roll the disks into a tube. Once you have made three tubes, hold them tightly next to one another and cut in the middle forming two pasty canapés. Place the canapés in the muffin tins and repeat until all tins are filled.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 200C and bake the canapés for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold, as desired.