What an beautiful, golden summer we have had this year. Long sunny days, plenty of blue sky and temperatures souring up to their 30s. For Belgium, this is quite an unusual event, causing record high music festival attendance and BBQ & Air Conditioning equipment sales.
We have enjoyed it all, but most of all the constant supply and opportunities to sample fresh fruits and veggies. BBQ could be great but nothing beats for me a lovely summer salad. Rich in iron and vitamins this healthy baby spinach and raspberry vinaigrette salad is my summer favourite.
Apples, walnuts and raspberries go extremely well with the peppery taste of the fresh spinach leaves. A true delight and an all time summer celebration.
- Baby Spinach
- 100g Feta Cheese
- Watercress Sprouts
For the Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, washed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt (optional)
1. Wash and dry the baby spinach leaves and arrange in a salad serving plate.
2. Cut the apple, cucumber and strawberries in small pieces and toss over the salad.
3. Add a handful of raspberries and blueberries.
4. Cut the feta cheese in small cubes and toss over the salad.
5. Sprinkle over watercress sprouts.
5. Drizzle generously with the raspberry vinaigrette.
For the Raspberry Vinaigrette:
1. Add the raspberries, olive oil, honey and vinegar to a blender and blend on high speed until very smooth.
2. Taste and add a pinch of salt if necessary (this will depend on the flavour of the raspberries).
3. Chill in a mason jar or airtight container for about one hour before serving.