It is the first warm spring Sunday of the year… With the weather so delightful, we prefer to spend our time meeting friends and having a drink on the many city centre terraces rather then spending the weekend in-doors. With the sun glancing invitingly into our living room, we give it all attention and as a result spend less time in the kitchen. Sunday lunch is warm, easy and funny, a tray of delightful finger-food Mexican Gorditas tacos, served with marinated beef, cabbage, sweet Spanish paprika and cherry tomatoes, brought to life by fresh coriander leaves and silky soft mayonnaise. Beautifully delicious easy meal, that we hope to repeat soon one day, sitting in our flower blooming garden and accompanied by a glass of wine. Let the summer come!
- Mexican Gorditas Soft Tacos
- 250g Ready made marinated beef, cut into small stripes
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced in four
- Cabbage, chopped in thin slices
- Sweet Spanish paprika, chopped in thin slices
- Fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp plant oil
1. Heat the oil in a medium size pan and bake the ready made marinated beef until nicely brown.
2. Cut all the vegetables into bite size stripes.
3. Serve the soft tacos as they are or lightly grilled from one side.
4. Place a small portion of the beef, vegetables, fresh coriander and mayonnaise on top of each tortilla and folding it lightly in one hand serve as a finger-food stack.