Easter Sunday Lunch. What a delight to share this moment with close family and friends. I could still hear the teasing and the laughter, taste the flavour of the mouth watering melon and prosciutto we have sampled as a starter.
Following tradition, I have originally intended to start the menu with white asparagus in egg and butter sauce, but after having asparagus two times this week already my family vetoed the dish out of the Easter menu. And who could blame them, when I have found such a simple, yet adorably delicious last minute substitute?
This melon, parmesan and prosciutto rocket salad could be served at any occasion starting as from late spring until the late summer months. Sunny sky, chilled white wine, lovely company in a secluded flower garden or near the edge of sparkling blue swimming pool, this is a dish to add joy no matter the mood or the setting.
(serves 6 people)
- 2 melons, such as honeydew, seeds removed and each cut into 9 wedges
- 18 fine slices of prosciutto ham
- 100g rocket salad
- 200g parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Cut the melon in thin slices. Arrange them on a serving plate together with the prosciutto ham then sprinkle over the rocket leaves.
2. Using a potato peeler, shave the parmesan cheese over the melon and the rocket salad.
3. Mix together the olive oil and the balsamic vinegar and drizzle over the dish.
4. Serve with chilled rose or while wine.