I believe I have first seen these delicious Parma Ham & Mustard puff pastry canapés on a TV program presented by Delia Smith. I distinctly recall her mentioning them to be the favourite ones of her husband and that even before she takes them out of the oven tray they are quickly despairing devoured by her family.
Well, now I absolutely believe this may be true. These canapés are simply so delicious that hardly anyone could resist their smell. I have prepared them twice already, last year for our New Year and this year for my birthday anniversary and they turn out to be always a success.
- 1 puff pastry roll
- 90g Italian Parma Ham
- 50g mustard
- 50g rasped parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk for brushing
1. Unroll the puff pastry and let it rest for 20min in room temperature.
2. Evenly spread a thick layer of mustard on top of the puff pastry
3. Lay a baking tray with baking paper and pre-heat the oven to 200C.
4. Cover half of the pastry disk with Parma Ham. Flip over the other half of the disk on top of the Parma Ham half and press to seal the edges. Cut the pastry on one centimetre thick ribbons. Take each ribbon, twist the two ends several times and lay it onto the baking tray.
5. Brush the twisted ribbons with egg yolk and generously sprinkle with rasped parmesan cheese. Bake for 15 min until golden brown. Serve warm.