Christmas season and TV, could there be any more special time for discovering delicious recipes and getting inspired for cooking? Yes, I admit, I am a good quality BBC TV cooking program addict. So much so, that I am not watching alone, by husband is right next to me. We watch, we comment… and then I try a recipe or two at home and we taste and we smile. My love for cooking is growing in such proportions that my husband has secretly taken the train a few days ago, travelled to Brussels visiting the Waterstones just to buy me Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood recipe books for a Christmas present, and I couldn’t have been more happy.
I have watched Mary Berry present these delicious Parma ham, goats’ cheese and rocket salad canapés on TV before Christmas and I new instantly that I will try them for one our family celebrations. They turned out to be a huge success, easy to make, no cooking required, yet absolutely delicious and a perfect accompaniment for champaign.
- 8 slices Parma ham
- 8-10 tsp soft goats’ cheese
- 1 x 70g/2½oz bag rocket
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cucumber dill spears, each spear cut in half lengthways
1. Lay each piece of Parma ham on a board, cut off any surplus fat and discard.
2. Spread a good teaspoon of goats’ cheese over the end quarter. Season with salt and pepper. Take a small handful of rocket and lay on top, leaving some of the rocket sticking out of the ends. Lay one piece of cucumber on top.
3. Roll the Parma ham up into a cigar shape and transfer to the fridge until needed.
4. Slice each roll in half and arrange standing up on the cut side on a serving platter. Serve cold.