It is Sunday afternoon, a few days away from Christmas and our kitchen is full of flavour again. Smells like vanilla, roasted nuts and butter cookies. I have tried this recipe a month ago and it turn out an absolute perfection. Repeating the experience, oatmeal butter cookies with walnuts, dried cranberries, raisins and sultanas are gracing our menu once again. Deliciously tasty, crunchy and softly chewy they are so easy to make. The recipe is based on a Mary Berry classic, but with a slight twist.
Makes 30 cookies
- 175g self-raising flour
- 100g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 120g oatmeal
- 1 vanilla package
- 175g butter
- 100g walnuts
- 100g raisins, sultanas and dried cranberries
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease 3 baking trays.
2. Put butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and flour into a large bowl and beat together until well blended and smooth.
3. Stir in the oatmeal, the walnuts, the raisins, sultanas and dried cranberries.
4. Spoon 30 teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven for 10-15minutes or until golden brown at the edges. Lift onto a wire rack to cool.
What does “1 Vanilla package” mean? Is this a sachet of vanilla pudding mix? Vanilla extract? Vanilla bean?
Great recipe! Can’t wait to try it 🙂 Check out my website, you can find some really delicious recipes 🙂 http://payastyle.net/