It is amazing where it may take you when the right moment arrives?
Like this simple, but incredibly delicious and impressive asian inspired dish.
Who would have thought that scampis and cabillaud, brought to life by sweet Spanish paprikas and a magic touch of garlic would fit so nicely with coconut milk?
- 500g scampis
- 250g cabillaud
- 2 red paprikas
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 spring onions, sliced to garnish
- 500ml coconut milk
- 1tbsp of Golden Syrup
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1tbsp of olive oil
1. Prepare the scampis by cleaning them up and removing their hard skin. Heat a pan and place the scampis inside letting them cook for 5 minutes. Add the cabillaud and cook for additional 5 minutes, stirring gently and seasoning them with sea salt and black pepper. When ready, caramelize the scampis and fish with a table spoon of Golden Syrup.
2. Meanwhile, cut two large red paprikas in small pieces. Cut the garlic cloves in small pieces as well. Preheat a pan with a table spoon of olive oil. Add the garlic and let it cook for a few minutes. Add the red paprika and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add the paprika and garlic to the scampis and fish mixing well. Pour in the coconut milk and let all flavours be absorbed together.
4. Serve with rise garnishing the dish with fresh rolls of thinly cut spring onions.